The Advantages of Using SMED Technology in EPS Machine Production
In the manufacturing industry, the efficient use of time and resources is crucial for staying competitive. But there is a pain point of old series of EPS moulding machine. Because the most of factories would change their mould to produce different products. Even have an area for store their own moulds.
Based on that, Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) is a methodology that can help increase efficiency and reduce downtime in EPS machine production. In this article, we will explore how SMED technology can be implemented in EPS machine production and the benefits it offers.
Understanding about SMED(single minute exchange of die):
There are several obvious advantages will including:
- Reduced Downtime: SMED can significantly reduce the time it takes to perform a changeover process, which means less downtime for the machine. This can result in increased productivity and profitability.
- Increased Flexibility/ reducing time costing: SMED can also increase the flexibility of the production line. By reducing changeover times, EPS factory can quickly switch between different products or production runs, allowing them to respond to changing market demands.
- Improved Quality: SMED can help improve the quality of the products produced. By reducing the time it takes to perform a changeover process, companies can reduce the risk of errors or defects occurring during production.
- Cost Savings: By reducing changeover times and increasing productivity, SMED can result in cost savings for companies. This can include reduced labor costs, less scrap material, and increased efficiency.
- Easier operation: by SMED system, it will benefit your maintenance cost. Even a layman will be able to exchange the mould by simple instruction. You could achieve the easily training for each maintenance operator.
How SMED applied in EPS shape moulding machine then?
Normally, SMED system was developed by QDCS( Quick Die Change System). The QDCS system is another cost-effective option for mould-changing-requirements EPS factories. Though it will cost little more time than SMED system, it will still save a big part of time compared with traditional manual mould changing method.
In total, SMED was consisted by assemble EPS mould and guide rail and a set of locking system. By SMED locking system, you only need to pay attention on is every should-be-locked part. And then, you can change the mould by screen operation.